Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

On one of Judge Mathis' shows, he stated that you can get a…

Customer Question
On one of Judge...

On one of Judge Mathis' shows, he stated that you can get a one-time felony conviction expunged from your record after five years. How does one go about this process in the State of Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

The case was in Ky but I live in Marion ,Indiana I have a fed for taking over 300.00 back in 1990

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Noo

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Kentucky does allow certain felonies expunged. Do you know what class felony your was? Was it class D?

not sure it was a felony for stealing over 300.00 dollars

It sounds like something that could be expunged. I can give you the link to the website that tells how you can file the application. It is probably worth the try. Would you like the link?