Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was falsey accused of animal neglect/cruelty. A vet has…

Customer Question
I was falsey accused...

I was falsey accused of animal neglect/cruelty. A vet has checkedd ALL the animals and says unfounded and ridicuolous and ludicrous charge by people who know nothing about these animals

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The same neighbor less then one week earlier called the police for suspected homicide.by my partner...while I was recovering from open heart surgery. 2 police showed up and demanded he produce me physically so I had to get up out of bed and go outside to satisfy that I had not been murdered

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

what legal rights do I have in my situation? This is harassment and I am facing FELONY charges for unfounded charges of animal neglect/cruelty if not reslved by tomorrow
do I have any legal rights at all?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You may want to consider a restraining order against this neighbor who is calling about these things. You could also sue this person for harassment.Under the FL statutes, (a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose. In this case, it seems as if he is trying to make your life more difficult by saying that you're engaging in animal cruelty when you are not.

You may want to consider just writing a cease and desist letter. Lawyers use letters like these often to enforce their client’s rights. Here’s a website that has a good template (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?