Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A falsified backdated police report was made against me by…

Customer Question
A falsified backdated police...

A falsified backdated police report was made against me by an homicide investigator to aid my ex spouse in covering up his domestic violence on me. What can I do about it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Actually, no attorney I've spoken with has addressed the matter. I think it's because my ex is a partner in The Hatchett xxxx (although disbarred) and the compromises have grown to include an edited court transcript. One more question, If I wasn't asked and didn't sign a divorce decree, am I divorced?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. What was the nature of the falsified police report? ..was any legal action taken against you as a result?

With regards ***** ***** divorce -- you do need to have been served with divorce papers and given the opportunity to respond, however yes, a divorce can be finalized in GA with only one spouses' signature.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear about the detective's misconduct and abuse of authority. Hopefully no legal action was initiated against you as a result.

In any event, you can report this investigator to the Internal Affairs Bureau. They will investigate his actions, take a look into the altered documents, and take any disciplinary action they find necessary. The officer can even possibly be demoted, suspended, or fired as a result.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer