Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Someone I care about is being harassed by a serial burglar.

Customer Question
Someone I care about...

Someone I care about is being harassed by a serial burglar. She was even home once for one of the invasions. There is a witness who has identified who the perpetrator is but it's been a couple weeks since that identification happened yet the police have done nothing and there have been several repeat robberies since. What can be done legally for her to protect herself and home and to get the small town police to take action?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Arizona and the past few weeks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your friend's difficulties.

You need to call the Police Station and ask to speak with the Police Chief. If you do not get anywhere with the Police Chief, you need to contact the Mayor's office and also your District Attorney's office.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.