Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have an assault charge in nyc that im currently fighting.

Customer Question
I have an assault...

I have an assault charge in nyc that im currently fighting. However the police came to my shelter arrested me and did not merandize me for something else and wont tell me the charges

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Nyc and today

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Public defendent assistant? And she did not imform me of my charges

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can i do what should i do?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Ok
I dont have money

If you were arrested on a new and separate charge, then you should have also been taken to a bond hearing.

At the bond hearing the judge would have told you what exactly the new charge against you is.

Did you attend a bond hearing?

The site is a paid for service. You do have to leave a positive rating at the end of our chat, and pay the fee for this question/ chat.

If you're not able to pay, that's okay you can let me know now and we can close the chat. Thanks!

No bond hearing. He just said that its going to trial
Not able to pay
Thanks
Ely, Counselor at Law