Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My doctor said that an officer came by his office and was…

Customer Question
My doctor said that...

My doctor said that an officer came by his office and was investigating me for Dr shopping. My Doctor said there was a legitimate reason for what I had done in the past but that I was under his care now and only his care. A week later I receive a letter from my neurologist terminating our Dr/Paitient relationship. No resin was given. Should I be concerned?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, my Doctor said there was no reason to since he believed he took care of it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do have a legitimate medical issue, one that can be easily proven. And I am not only receiving medicine, I am also in on-going physical therapy to help the problem.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Doctors are scrutinized by the authorities too when they have patients taking controlled substances. So any suggestion of impropriety could be enough for a doctor to want to discharge a patient. However, If your doctor told the police that there was no reason for them to be concerned, and your neurologist confirmed what your doctor told them, then you would appear not to have any reason to be concerned about being charged with doctor shopping.

If you were, however, getting controlled substances from your neurologist that your regular physician knows nothing about, then you have reason to be concerned.

It's not about how may doctor's you're seeing. It's about whether you are witholidng information from your doctors so that you can get more than one doctor to give you more of a drug than you would be allowed by law to have.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD