Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Does the accused have a right to see the evidence agiainst…

Customer Question
Does the accused have a...
Does the accused have a right to see the evidence agiainst them?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Thanks for requesting me! Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
ANSWER: Yes, absolutely you're entitled to see the evidence against you. Any evidence used in court by a party must be given to the other party. Please let me know if I've answered your question. Could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question (assuming you don't need any clarification - but definitely ask if you do!) so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Hi :) I wanted to make sure you got my last message to you :)