Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Ex-girlfriend filed a restraining order against me but I am…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Ex-girlfriend filed a...
Second opinion] Ex-girlfriend filed a restraining order against me but I am a nursing student and plan to work in hospitals. My school runs a CORI on me every year, as well as any future employer so I am wondering if this will cause me any problems?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: LegalEase101, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalEase101
LegalEase101, Lawyer
Hello,Here is a link from the Massachusetts judiciary regarding CORI and restraining orders:http://www.mass.gov/courts/selfhelp/criminal-law/not-in-criminal-record.htmlYour restraining order will likely not show up in CORI unless you violate it and a criminal case is initiated against you.Just having the restraining order against you shouldn't cause any problems, whether or not it shows up on CORI. If you violate it, however, it very well may.Hope this helps.