Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husaband is on probation and i want to place a

Customer Question
My husaband is on...

My husaband is on probation and i want to place a restraining order so he can’t withdrawal my from school Will that affect his probation

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I submitted papers a for a divorce

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

No, having a restraining order taken out would not affect his probation.

The only time it would have a negative impact on his probation would be if he violated the protective order, and thereby obtained a new criminal charge.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!