Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Does insurance company have to pay the stated amount of

Customer Question
Does insurance company have...

Does insurance company have to pay the stated amount of policy if arson is suspected

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

North Dakota

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/6/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

.

No, not until any arson investigation is concluded and it is determined that it was not arson.. If the fire investigator determines that it was arson, then unless they can prove that it was the owner who was responsible for the fire or was somehow involved, then they would have to pay.

.

If they are dragging their heels in concluding any investigation, the owner can file a formal complaint with the state Dept of Insurance for "unfair claims practices" and an investigator will be assigned to review the claim and put pressure on the insurer to resolve the claim one way or the other..

.

.

thanks