Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Back in Sep '17 I was arrested (taken into custody) 4 times…

Customer Question
Hello - Back in...

Hello - Back in Sep '17 I was arrested (taken into custody) 4 times during one day that I was visiting for a funeral - apparently I got a bit out of sort. 2 charges 2 or the 4

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Arrests were dismissed, the other 2 I have a date of 12/18/17 to be in court for the remaining 2 misdemeanors. Note: all 4 instances were misdemeanors. The remaining 2 charges are; 1) Domestic Battery. I don't know exactly what I did to obtain that charge, other than being awnry - I can't say for sure. 2) Under the influence of a controlled substance. I don't know what they are saying that they believed me to be under the influence.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

More can be discussed via phone call. No, and I live in Arizona and I don't want to come back out for the hearing(s)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was hoping to retain a lawyer to go to the hearing in place of me, and see what if any charges will be upheld. I spoke with the Superior Court of Fresno and they mentioned that they have done that several times in the psat, especially for misdemeanors and out of town visitors causing a mess, I guess.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/4/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.