Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Looking for family law info(child custody) PA. I am educated…

Customer Question
Looking for family law...

Looking for family law info(child custody)

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am educated and have done extensive research. I have only briefly spoke to an attorney.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The case is complex but does not involve he said she said. I just have a few key questions that will greatly help me. Ok, give me a min to do this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/4/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney here to help. What specific questions did you have for me?
I am dealing with a complex custody matter that I believe falls under the category of malicious mother. This is NOT a case of he said she said but voluminous dockets of how she has gone out of her way to keep me from my child. She had me arrested on false charged in which I was found not guilty because I was working at the time. The charges were serious. Agg assualt via allegedly kicking her in the stomach while she was pregnant. It was proven via trial that I could NOT have been there at the time hence not guilty. She has taken me thru all sectors of custody and now we are approaching trial. My main question is if a mother files false charges against a father JUSt to keep him out of the childs life waarant her to likely lose custody? I have been fighting for 3 years now and thru court documentation there's solid prrof she has gone above and beyond to keep me out of my childs life.

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…

Thanks so much for your patience. Generally, a court must take into consideration what the best interests of the child are going to be when determining custody. They usually will take into consideration who can best provide for the health, welfare, and education of the child, they'll consider the relationship of the child with the parent, and they'll also consider things like yours and hers criminal history.

What this means for you is that if you wanted to file to modify custody, and you have some proof that she is trying to do these things strictly to make you look bad, then yes, it could hurt her ability to obtain custody of the child.

I am in a position to better care for the child. However, I have dealt with mental health in the past. I am now a small business owner and a homeowner which I had to do to best increase my chances of custody in hopes that would trump my past mental health issues. However I know that me and this women cannot share a child because she will likely try to set me up again. What should I do next to increase?

I think that's great that you're in a better position to care for the child. Your mental health may play a part, but only if it means that it may make you less able to care for the child. For example, if you're depressed, but you're taking medication to help with the depression and seeing a therapist, then you can mitigate the harmful effects of the condition. If you and her can't share custody, then my recommendation is to ask the court to come up with a custody arrangement that works. If that's not possible, you may need to go nuclear and just try to get full custody. It could get ugly, but if sharing custody is just not an option, you'll have to get a court to side with you. What other questions did you have for me?

The situation is already ugly. Final question. I'm sure the judge will be able to spot a malicious mother correct? Judging by a pattern in court documentation. I strongly feel my case for custody can be proven via all of the documentation. She tried to send me to prison and even was called a liar by the judge in the criminal case. I was facing 14 years. Surely that has to be enough to show that we cannot share a child correct? She has since do so much from keeping this thing from doing to trial because the truth will come out.

I can imagine. It sounds very ugly. To answer your question, yes, usually a judge can spot when someone is not engaging in the best interests of the child, but for their own interests. If she has tried to send you to prison, but it's only to be vindictive, then it's not going to support her case and will probably hurt. Of course, that is depending up on the judge and how closely they review the facts, but cases like these are not unusual. Did you have any other questions for me today?

No, thank you. That will be all. You have been a great help. I can advertise you on my website www.fightview360.com if you wish. This has been the most informative info I have received as of yet.

The pleasure is all mine! There’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

3. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

4. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!