Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My daughter got in a fight with her sister because she was…

Customer Question
My daughter got in a...
My daughter got in a fight with her sister because she was drunk. She threw a candle holder to her sister but none was hurt. When the police arrived she threaten to kill herself or her sister. She was taken to jail. This happens in Texas, what will happen?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/4/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If she got in a physical fight with sister, then daughter will likely be charged with a Class C misdemeanor assault if there were no injuries.. This can result in fines up to $500.

.

Class C Misdemeanor Assault: If someone physically touches someone in an offensive or provocative manner or threatens harm or injury but no physical injury occurs, an assault may be a Class C misdemeanor.

.

.

thanks

Is she going to stay in jail? Can they order her to go to rehab because of her drinking?

There is no way for me to know if she will stay in jail.. If she posts bond, then she gets out.. If not, she may remain there until her court date and the charge is disposed of..

.

As part of any plea deal they have the ability to require her to go to alcohol classes, but they can't force someone to go to rehab as that is their own personal decision.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,
.
I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.
.
Did you have any further questions I can help with?
.
.
Thanks much