Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

INFOLAWYER, Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
CAn I report to police about a check stolen from my grandmothers
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
CAn I report to police about a check stolen from my grandmothers estate when she died? I was told its a family member of ours, and the amount was for about 5k dollars. This incident has seperated the … read more
My 40 year old daughter wrote 7 checks stolen from me, she
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
My 40 year old daughter wrote 7 checks stolen from me, she made the checks out to herself, forged my signature, and cashed these checks at my bank. We live in Kansas. Is this fraud or forgery? I have … read more
I received a check for a loan for a friend. the friend gave
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
I received a check for a loan for a friend. the friend gave me a stolen check which she forged. i deposited the check and now my account is being investigated.… read more
Is it a crime to deposit a check (from the deceased) to the
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Is it a crime to deposit a check (from the deceased) to the deceased (dated before his death) into his U.S. hawaii bank account without informing the bank that he was deceased?… read more
My spouse took out a personal loan from a credit union. She
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
My spouse took out a personal loan from a credit union. She stated she was single to get this loan. Is that a crime?… read more
My wife was arrested and charged with Recieving stolen goods
LawTalk, Lawyer
My wife was arrested and charged with Receiving stolen goods / Bad Checks. She has a court date at the end of the month. She has never been arrested and has no criminal record. The check was written f… read more
How can I get a stolen diamond pendant from checked in carryon
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
How can I get a stolen diamond pendant from checked in carryon luggage from Government Security baggage checkerrs. They gave me a number yo call and a message says leave a message,but they don't retur… read more
Is hacking a crime and how can I recoup my stolen money and
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
Is hacking a crime and how can I recoup my stolen money and stolen eemails used for identitheft to steal my sweepstakes's vwinnings… read more
Was wondering how a DA can charge me with a crime when there
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
Hi was wondering how a DA can charge me with a crime when there was no evidence of a crime being committed by me on the night of the incident involving domestic violence pictures and everything was ta… read more
Q Can the DA charge me for a crime when the crime is based
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
Q: Can the DA charge me for a crime when the crime is based on an invalid/ unlawful contract? Background: My company was given funds to make payments on a customer's behalf. The consideration paid to … read more
I had a credit card stolen from me. The total of charges was
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I had a credit card stolen from me. The total of charges was $1400 but each individual charge is not over $200. The police said that they go by individual charges and not total charges. He said that i… read more
My URL was stolen by a competitor, can he be charged with
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Criminal Defense Lawyer
My URL was stolen by a competitor, can he be charged with a crime ? I am in New York State… read more
Can i press charges against my legally seperated spouse a she
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Can i press charges against my legally seperated spouse a she forged my name on a few checks in the total amount near $5000? Bank will not reimburse but said forgery would need to be taken to police..… read more
is it a federal crime to steal a unemployment check from Wash.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
is it a federal crime to steal a unemployment check from Wash. state and take it to florida state and fraudulently sign it and cash it in florida… read more
can someone help me with a theft by check charge, the check
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
can someone help me with a theft by check charge, the check was writen by a worker of ours and we thought we had them all picked up, but i got arrested in Galveston on Sunday, (4/28/13) we placed a bo… read more
Can I be charged with a crime an item off the shelf from
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
Can I be charged with a crime for taking an item off the shelf from Walmart, and returning it for store credit although the transaction did not go through and I left the store with no merchandise at a… read more
My sister is being charged with Auto Grand Larceny, Conspiracy
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My sister is being charged with Auto Grand Larceny, Conspiracy to commit a crime, and operating on stolen vehicle premises in Nevada what is the possible consequences since this is the first thing to … read more
I had $42,000 embezzeled from me. The crook admits it, I have
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
I had $42,000 embezzeled from me. The crook admits it, I have proof of it. She gave her sister my stolen checks and money to pay her rent to her. The sister had to of known that the money was stolen. … read more