Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can police alter and splice and rearrange personal texts in…

Customer Question
Can police alter and...

Can police alter and splice and rearrange personal texts in a police report and give mental health opinions about the verbage. where do consitutional rights of the person the cop is writing about play into protection of the author's privacy rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Ga sumter county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

2016 june 20

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I had 2 coworkers turn in private text conversations and the police cut and spliced them and altered meanings and interperated context and commented in biased manner and selected texts and ignored others and created a framed productneedless to say the meaning of the texts were not asked of me and I think this violates freedom of speach as no imminent harm was used against any person - what laws under the constitution did the police violate. profanity is not obsenity and not illegal
12/3/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

can police alter and splice and rearrange personal texts in a police report and give mental health opinions about the verbage. where do consitutional rights of the person the cop is writing about play into protection of the author's privacy rights

Response: The Police cannot do that. The Police cannot tamper with evidence or give medical opinion since they are not medical doctors. That would be egregious violation of your rights and Section 1983 case--Police Misconduct case can be brought against the Police for doing that--for abuse of office.

You can use the following link to find civil rights Attorneys:

Civil Rights Attorneys

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

can you be more specific with cases in the literature and which constitutional rights that the police have abridged

I cannot cite cases for you within the confines of this forum. However, I will opt to give another Attorney the opportunity to comment on your case.

I can not get anyone to rep me - this took place in 2016 - 6-20
can u refer me to some one and I will take what you can give
I was labled bipolar and schizophrenic and it has has taken a year to get rid of those diagnoses
I just want justice.I learned about a corporate antitrust practice and I was accosted at work and narrowly got away and then i pulled a police report which was outrageous. it was so strange I could not get any lawyer to touch it
Philips esq could you refer me to a lawyer that cites how illegal this is / I will pay
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor left.

The police cannot tamper with evidence. It is a violation of GA Code 16-10-94 https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-10/article-5/16-10-94/

Police cannot even obtain text messages unless they are either given to them by someone who received them or through a court order.

Police cannot provide false information in public records, that would also be a violation of filing false public records under GA Code 16-10-20.1 https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-16/chapter-10/article-2/section-16-10-20.1/

You would need a local civil rights attorney from one of the large cities in GA near you and if this has happened and your evidence shows you are correct, they will represent you and file suit.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I had two coworkers turn in private texts which the police altered and they created a false pretense of my thraeatning them

Thank you for your reply.

If the police altered the evidence and you present proof of that to the DA, then it is up to the DA to decide who to charge. If you are arrested and brought to court on the altered text messages and you prove they were altered, you can sue the police and the parties who made the complaint for Malicious Prosecution AND the police for civil rights violations for false arrest.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer