Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Daughter was with cousin who used stolen credit card. He…

Customer Question
Daughter was with cousin...

Daughter was with cousin who used stolen credit card. He bought her pair of shoes with card. She had no clue card was stolen, thought she was just hanging out with him Christmas shopping. Now she in jail in Georgia what is SHE facing?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Georgia happened last night

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She's not been in trouble as adult. Has juvenile record but not for anything fraud (assault and battery). She's on ssi has learning disability

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/3/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Right now she is facing accessory charges and receiving stolen property charges. These are serious charges and she needs an attorney to assist her with them. The juvenile record should be sealed and should not be considered in this matter.

It may be that the prosecutor is looking for her to testify against the cousin. BUT you want someone who can fight for her because these are serious charges.

You can use this link to find a local attorney:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/criminal-law/georgia

This link is to the public defender central office:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

You can also Google for a Bail Bonds Man. They can get her out of jail almost immediately by posting bond for her. see:

http://bailbondsnetwork.com/georgia-bail-bonds.html