Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

An expedited motion to set a bond was filed on Nov 29 2017…

Customer Question
An expedited motion to...

An expedited motion to set a bond was filed on Nov 29 2017 how long will it take to get a response

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes the hired lawyer filed it but I have not spoke to him yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not off the top of my head thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/3/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

My boyfriend is currently being held without a bond since Aug 25. His lawyer filed an expedited motion to set him a bond. How long will it take to get a response? Do they have to respond with in a certain amount of time like 10 days

Thanks for your patience. Generally, Arizona doesn't have any rules as to when a judge has to issue a ruling on a motion of this kind. The rues in AZ are kind of generic in this aspect in that ars 13-3967 says that a person should be released on his own recognizance with bond if the court deems it necessary and the rules of court just require a review; however, there is no time line. I am very sorry and I wish that I had better news in that situation. Many times, depending on the court's schedule and the judge's schedule, it is possible that it'll be heard within 10 days because the 6th Amendment requires that people have a speedy trial. What other questions did you have for me today?

I am paying for his lawyer I put $8500 down and am making $500 a month payments can i ask him for an itemized list of what he has done on the case so far

Absolutely. Usually, an attorney will give you an itemized bill every 30 days to explain what they've done and to explain the charges. Did you have any other questions for me?

No, that's it thank you for your time. Have a good rest of your weekend.

The pleasure is all mine! There’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

3. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

4. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer