Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My x husband ( with another assisting him ) attempted and…

Customer Question
My x husband (...

My x husband ( with another assisting him ) attempted and planned over a 6 to 10 month period to poison me slowly with anti freez in 10/2008- 7/2009

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Florida between Miami , Celebration but mostly Gainsville

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Police report .. I made but .. well you probably know their reaction and I also told other close friends who also suspected . But they did not know my spouse very long . They were more objective than myself . But no one who knew us for 40 years as a couple believed me actual I was completely discredited and slandered labeled crazy by ALL MY FAMILY

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Here is the problem you face, if this happened in 2008-2009, the state of Florida has a statute of limitations for bringing any type of civil suit against him for the injuries he caused you. The statute of limitations in FL is 4 years from the date of the incident. So while you did have a right to file a civil suit against him and seek damages (since the police took no criminal action) that right to sue expired in 2013 and you could not sue him now for the harm he caused you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.