Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am so sorry about my language. I am become US citizen 5…

Customer Question
HI . i am so...

HI . i am so sorry about my language . I am become US citizen 5 years ago by Marriage with US citizen I been sale t shirt online for 5 years I never report my income that i sell online to my CPA so my CPA never included this in my tax return to report IRS but yesterday I decide to told my CPA about it i show him 1099 that I receive from XXX, XXX on 2016 . together is total I made from 1099 on 2016 is 3.7 Millions Dollars . my CPA told me he cannot help me on this . he recommend me to find tax Anthony and criminal lawyer immediately because what I did is commit to crime, so i call tax Anthony and they told me if i report this to IRS i have to pay a lot tax back , so i thinking of move back my country ( I am Thai Citizen ) so my question here is if i decide to move back my country without report this to IRS. Do IRS gonna take my back to USA country and punished me put me in jail or not I am sorry about my lack english .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have committed tax evasion, that is a criminal offense and they will put a warrant out for you, but if you are in Thailand, there is an extradition treaty between the US and Thailand and they could have you arrested in Thailand and brought back to the US for trial. Generally, what they want more than anything is the money and if you have a good tax attorney they will be able to work out some type of negotiated deal with the IRS to either avoid them filing criminal charges at all and just allow you to pay the back taxes and penalties OR if they do file criminal charges to avoid you doing any actual time in jail and just receiving probation.

It is much easier for you to report the taxes due than if the IRS discovers it, because you reporting shows you want to fix the matter and most times they will agree to only an administrative case and not a criminal case.

You need to get a new tax lawyer and sit with them to get this matter settled with the IRS before it becomes something worse than it already is. The longer it goes on the worse it gets, so you need the tax attorney specifically and have them work this out with the IRS.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.