Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What is the fine for extortion and statue of limitations in…

Customer Question
What is the fine for...
What is the fine for extortion and statue of limitations in Missouri?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok, what’s the statute and fine amount?

Those convicted of extortion in Missouri generally face felony charges, which means the penalties are more severe than those for a misdemeanor offense. The punishment may include fines of up to $10,000 or even more, along with possible prison time of up to 15 or more years

I’m good. Tight on money now.
Was 7 years ago. Statute up?

Looks like 3 years to prosecute

Mo. Rev. Stat.556.036, 037

No statute of limitations: Murder, forcible rape, attemptedforcible rape, forcible sodomy, attempted forcible sodomy, or any class Afelony

Otherfelonies: 3 years

Misdemeanors: 1 year

Infractions:6 months

Arson in the 1st degree classifiedas a class B felony, arson in the 2nd degree, or knowingly burningor exploding: 5 years

Anyoffense involving fraud or a breach of fiduciary obligation: within 1 year after discovery, up to a maximumadditional 3 years.

Misconduct in office by a public officer or employee: anytime while the person is still in public office or employment or within twoyears thereafter, up to a maximum additional 3 years

Intentionaland willful fraudulent claim of child support arrearage: within 1 year afterdiscovery of the offense, up to a maximum additional 3 years

Yes you are safe it has been too long here in Missouri.

I appreciate the chance to help you , thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays to you,Thanks again.This appears to be way too old for them to prosecute here in Missouri.

You to.

Have a good day and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.It is always much appreciated.