Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Will hawaii arrest you if you have a warrn from florida for…

Customer Question
Will hawaii arrest you...

Will hawaii arrest you if you have a warrn from florida for a probation violation, it was for a misdemeanor

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I'm in Hawaii and warrant is from florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not in hawaii but in florida yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 6 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Yes, they can arrest you in Hawaii and extadite you to Florida for prosecution and arrest. Hopefully you will not do anything wrong or bad in Hawaii that brings attention to this, because usually the police would not have occasion to run you in the system which would show the Florida warrant.

In other words, unless the police in Hawaii run you for some reason, nobody would have reason to know about the warrant, so if you are on good behavior, most likely nobody in Hawaii will find out about the Florida warrant and you will be safe.

Please rate 5 stars ***** and hit send to close out the question.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Checking in to see if you are satisfied with the answer and are ready to close out the question or if you need something else from me.

Thanks and best wishes.