Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

1.) Are there current applications available in Mass to

Customer Question
receive some type of cultivation...
1.) Are there current applications available in Mass to receive some type of cultivation license that allows your home grown product to be sold to licensed retailers?If so, please provide a link to the application and a link to the requirements needed for approval.Also, does the application require a certain length of state residency ?Also, please recommend a lawyer / firm to assist with the application process.Thank you
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Quite honestly, other than applying for the medical marijuana caregiver license, which allows you to grow for personal use, MA has not done anything about getting its act together for the retail marijuana sales the voters approved last year. The cities and towns, being the greedy subdivisions they are, are all fighting over tax amounts and nothing has been put in place regarding this issue.

There have been fights in the legislature about this, but nothing has been resolved yet and the Department of Public Health has not set up anything yet that I know of to apply for retail cultivation. You can call the DPH and ask them, but they have published nothing yet.

No residency requirement exists.

Right now lawyers are getting up to speed on marijuana laws, but the best I can do for you is provide you the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org and you would use a local civil attorney at this point to assist you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.