Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm a register sex offender in Idaho and I'm non violent do…

Customer Question
I'm a register sex...

I'm a register sex offender in Idaho and I'm non violent do I have to inform people that I'm a sex offender or do I inform my job

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I haven't

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I'm being harassed by a co worker at my job because I'm a restiger sex offender and I told him that I'm non violent but according to him I should of informed him

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Idaho

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
My co-worker said to me that I have to register in each state I'm go though I'm a otr truck driver and I thought the law stated that only if you moved to that state
12/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.You must register with the sheriff's office of the county you live in. I am unaware of any law that requires sex offenders to report this to their employer. (However, some employment involving children is prohibited for sex offenders). Also, there is no requirement to register in every state that you travel. Rather, registration is required in the county/state where your residence is established.