Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I lost my job in may. So in June I applied for food stamps…

Customer Question
Hi I lost my...

Hi I lost my job in may. So in June I applied for food stamps and medicare I got approved but I been working since july now they contacted me for repayment. should I get a lawyer now

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Did you notify them once you began work and started drawing an income again? Did their letter to you say anything about a fraud investigation? What do they ask you to do?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.