Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

209A and Arraignment

Customer Question
209A and Arraignment
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please provide more details about your case and your concern.

Hi Zoey. We spoke before. I am facing an Arraignment on 12/8 re: Larceny +$250 by false pretenses. Today, I got a 209A order in the mail in which, on 12/7 I have to appear w/ retained private counsel. I feel that, at this junction in my life when am I able to file a 258E, criminal charges, a small claims and a Superior Court lawsuit (HEFTY monetary asking)? It seems like my Attorneys are tired and lazy. I'm looking for justice, not retaliation. What are your thoughts. The 209A will 100% be dismissed against me. The Plantiff is just bleeding me of money. So I'm not sure where a line can be drawn.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize when I picked up this question that you and I have already taken up this situation before and in depth at that. You already know my thoughts. I'm going to opt out this time and let you get a fresh opinion.

Zoey can you connect me to a lawyer?
I just have a general question outside of what we spoke of? I had plans by age 30 to move to Los Angeles. What happens if something is filed in MA? Do I have to come back to MA to go to court?