Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was staying at an airbnb in milwaukie in portland in july…

Customer Question
[Second opinion] I was staying...

[Second opinion] I was staying at an airbnb in milwaukie in portland in july and some dates in august.From the very first day I moved in on july 1st,GXXX XXX XXX made specific attempts to invade my personal space constantly.I felt extremely uncomfortable after spending several hours with him on july 9th after which I went out of my way to avoid him.He tried to touch me several times and wanted me to be subservient to him.I played the mild person to defuse the situations that kept happening with him after that.However,two guys who were staying there,HXX and JXXX XXX befriended me the following week.We did not become close or anything of the sort but we spent enough time hanging out that JXXX as Mr.XXX is known became theeatened.Because it had been obvious that I had rejected his advances but was ok with others.I talked to several professionals including a psychologist about his behaviour.They believe Mr.XXX had a sexual interest in me and had a motive to conquer me.He proceeded to badmouth,instigate fights and eventually kick out and isolate HXXX for his purpose.He was gunning for JXXX XXX as well and knowing how Mr.XXX would use John-Paul’s temper against him and trap me,I chose to defuse situations and protect Mr.MXXX who as such is not important in this narrative and is merely another of Mr.XXX’s long vic***** *****st.Me.MXXXnot realising the danger he was in proceeded to spend time with Joey since I was defusing situations.At this point,I understood Mr.XXX had been pressuring Mr.MXXX and interfering in his life and was using him to invade my private life.As I said,I was protecting Mr.MXXX. Mr.XXX  bragged to other people about how he had power over Mr.XXX and he could meddle in our so called friendship. He got into fights with several other guests and harassed and spread rumours about a young gay man. I tried to distance myself from Mr.MXXX by this time which upset him a lot since he was very impressionable and sandwiches between me refusing to fit in with JXXX and his group,have my own life and the heightened harassment from JXXX.Plus,JXXX theough him had access to my life and was now abusing me emotionally and mentally and controlling me. In the process of trying to break away from Mr.MXXX,I learnt that JXXX had plans to break him by beating up physically,destroy him by vilifying and controlling him and rape him.There was a lot of group male aggression against Mr.MoXXX from Mr.PXXX and Mr.CXXX XXX. At this point with support from outisde,I reported both Mr.XXX and Mr.XXX in a subtle manner(without revealing the extent of abuse since I was still concerned about my safety and Mr.XXX’s safety)to the house owner who did talk to them both.Mr.XXXcomplied but Mr.XXX did not.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law

The cycle continued but as I continued to defuse by making Mr.XXX look stronger so that he wont be victimised,I became vulnerable and the struggle to protect my real life from these people took a toll.Once again,with support I confronted JXXX XXX about him needing to take responsibility and attempted to warn him about the danger he was in.Despite his angry response to me since he thought I was the vulnerable person and needed his help when in reality it was the other way(I couldnt tell him the truth by this time since he had been dominated by them and exposing them fully to him would have caused a violent attack on me)was able to get away without any sort of damage. Despite me admitting I was about to file a police report which XXX informed XXX about,I decided not to at the time since I merely wanted to distance myself to be able to focus on my life and career. I believe by trying to confront Mr.XXX and break away,I did avert another disaster.At the time through a new guest,I had realised that Mr.XXX had been gearing to weaken and attack Mr.XXX again and I did not want to step in and defuse again.I did not want to be part of the cycle. Despite our fallout and me keeping away from XXX and all of them,I think Mr.XXX did distance himself from them.I do not know if anything else happened. I lived in another house in Portland afterwards and then transferred to LA.Now that my life is back on track, I wish to report Mr.XXX for harassment and to be a threat to my safety,invasion of privacy,intimidating me mentally and emotionally and for abuse.RXXX XXX and CXXX XXX are accomplices.MXXX XXX,the house owner is aware of the domestic situation to an extent.But not the XXX XXX and HXXX part. CXXX XXX has since backed away after Mr.CXXX intervened.So I am not reporting him per se but only mentioning him.The others havent.I believe I am still in danger of being harassed and threatened whether I go back to Portland or outside state.I would like help to have them stay away from me at all times and not contact me in any way even without me being the one to have to leave.Because I might have to go back to Portland again and there are not many affordable airbnbs in Portland. I would also like to bring to your attention that JXXX XXX is a bigger target than I am to them.Despite me keeping away,I am concerned that since they saw us as a duo; I will be under pressure to be dragged into his problems with them if this situation is not dealt with permanently.

What can I do to make sure things will not escalate further against me if i report? At the time of me going thru this ordeal,i spoke to various people who can vouch for me. I did not go to the police immediately since I feared Mr MXXX being lumped along with them and seen in a negative light which could have discredited me.I dont think this is the case now.It seems like hes kept a distance now so I can take action now. The idea is that i wont be forced to be connected to protecting him or their intimidation ever again. My intention is to mke them knw they harassed me(and MXXX).I want them to hve no contact with me directly or indirectly thru MXXX or anyone. Im not sure how much I should mention about Mr MXXX being a target.I dont know if thats relevant. I wanted to know how much I should mention about Mr MXXX being a target and if all this comes merely under harassment or more.

11/30/2017
Criminal Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 4 months ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. It will be my pleasure to assist you. Did you still need assistance with this question?

Are you online with me?

Ely, Counselor at Law