Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a son charged with driving on suspended license and…

Customer Question
I have a son...

I have a son charged with driving on suspended license and non compliance in ohio, he is on drug court probation what will happen to him?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No but he had drug court today and was violated, what does the non compliance charge mean?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/30/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

He was arrested on a new charge and was therefore out of compliance with the contract he made with Drug Court.

In my experience, these charges would not be enough to get him bounced from the Drug Court program and resentenced to the prison alternative. He may have to serve some time, and he will get a phase setback, but he would typically be allowed to come out and resume the program.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.