Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I just found out a couple days ago that my

Customer Question
Long-termboyfriend/child’s father is involved...
I just found out a couple days ago that my Long-termboyfriend/child’s father is involved in trafficking cocaine. I want to report him anonymously but I am scared of a few things. I know that when I report him the authorities will want to speak to me and I’m afraid to answer questions. I’m also afraid that they will have trouble believing that I didn’t know anything was going on. I don’t want to lose my son . Any advice on the situation or what to do would be helpful.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Have you considered just leaving quickly and quietly with your child.I suggest putting some distance between you and the boyfriend.And then you can decide in a week or two whether you want to report this and get involved.I think getting yourself out of this and away from him is the priority for your safety.You can just go here, don't have to tell him where you are going.You can rent postal box and have mail forwarded.And then when life settles down you decide if you want to report it.Legally its your choice no law requires you to report unless you are comfortable doing so.If there are no custody orders here you are free to leave with child and consider putting some distance between you and him.

I appreciate the chance to help you today,let me know if you have more.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.