Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I found out I have an active warrant and it states that my…

Customer Question
I found out I...

I found out I have an active warrant and it states that my bond is 2500 I'm trying to find out if that would be a cash assurity bond

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

It's in Missouri and it was issued yesterday because I had missed court

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I'm not sure that I have one I filled out for a public defender

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post and am working on a reply.

Without hearing the record that the judge made when he issued the warrant, it's not possible to know for sure whether this is cash and/or bond or cash only. The best way to find out would be to contact the clerk of the court, who could check the court papers. Alternatively, you could try a bondmsan. He would be able to find out for you as well.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.