Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Recently I have been given some pain meds for a back surgery…

Customer Question
Recently I have been...

Recently I have been given some pain meds for a back surgery I had. When i went to fill my last script, the pharmacy said the date had been altered. I have been contacted by a detective and she said that she doesnt believe I didnt do it and it's not going to go away and I will most likely be charged with an F4.... Which could be jail time for fines or both. I am a mother of two very young children. I have zero criminal history, I have never even had a speeding ticket. I am the bread winner for my home. I need help!

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just if there is a way to get this dropped before it gets too far...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
recently I have been given some pain meds for a back surgery I had. When i went to fill my last script, the pharmacy said the date had been altered. I have been contacted by a detective and she said that she doesnt believe I didnt do it and it's not going to go away and I will most likely becharged with an F4.... Which could be jail time for fines or both. I am a mother of two very young children. I have zero criminal history, I have never even had a speeding ticket. I am the bread winner for my home. I need help!
11/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Can not the doctor issuing the prescription not verify its authenticity to the pharmacy and police?

He is saying that he can’t verify that it wasn’t altered and decided to release me from treatment as well, which also makes it look worse for me

Thank you for the additional information.

The doctor is required to keep a record of the prescriptions he has issued for pain meds.

I do not understand why he can not verify the prescription he wrote and then everyone would see it corresponds to to the one you presented.

If he is refusing to verify the details of his prescription that he issued you then you should file a complaint with the state medical board.

Additionally, stop talking to the police. They are trying to develop a case to prosecute you and you do not want to provide the evidence.

If you are charged, retain defense counsel.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I want you to be prepared to defend yourself from these scurrilous charges.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!