Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How can I file a hiippa violation? Delaware. The hippa claim…

Customer Question
How can I file...

How can I file a hiippa violation?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The hippa claim is going to be about a rehab center

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. First of all, regarding HIPAA, unfortunately there is no "private cause of action" for a HIPAA violation. That means that even if you can show the elements of a HIPAA violation, you could not personally sue the violating party. The only recourse for a HIPAA violation would be to file a complaint with the US Department of Health and Human Services (HIPAA is a Federal law, so HHS would have jurisdiction over that, not a state or local agency). You can complain by following the process here: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/index.html

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Hello?

Can you see on your screen where you need to rate it? Note that you may need to press a "submit" button after clicking on the appropriate star rating. This is what I'm waiting on from you. Thanks!

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

Please note that I am still waiting for your response or rating...

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer