Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A detective came to my boy friends house looking for me but…

Customer Question
A detective came to...

A detective came to my boy friends house looking for me but i have no clue why they wanna talk to me

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Md i am so upset cause i dont know why i didnt do anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No just found out tonite

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am so up set cause i have no clue what going on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

.

thanks

why would a detective from the criminal investigation division be looking for me what dose this mean
i don't have any more money to pay u

Well, it means that they have some type of investigation going on where your name came up as someone who might have information about the case... If doesn't mean anything sinister...it could be about someone else entirely who was accused of a crime and said they were with you on the night in question.

.

So if you have not been involved in any illegal activity, you have nothing to be concerned about..

.

And of course, you have zero legal obligation to talk to the police at any time about anything if you don't want to. You can simply tell them that you don't want to speak to them..

.

.

thanks

back in aug i had to pay social services back a over payment and i pay it back and they sa i d after i payed them back every wa over and done with there was no more to it
can they lock me up

If you got that resolved, then this likely isn't about that.. But unless you engaged in active fraud and they reported it to the police, this likely isn't about that after so long..

.

They can only lock you up if you are charged with a criminal offense that justifies taking you into custody instead of issuing a citation and a summons.. And those are normally only serious offenses like robbery, murder, drug sales and possession, felony theft, etc..

Barrister, Criminal Defense Law