Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husband has been held for federal non violent warrant…

Customer Question
My husband has been...

My husband has been held for federal non violent warrant from ohio ( we live in north carolina) the federal marshalls picked him up nov.8th. theyre holding him for extradition. yesterday they moved him from one jail held him at the federal building for 4 hours then to him to another jail a half hour away. Do they have 30 days total to extradite him or is it 30 days at each jail? after the 30 days do they have to release him if hes not picked up and can they re-arrest him again without any warning? he didnt know they pressed charges or he wouldve went to ohio and turned himself in but since we moved while he was " under investigation" they trying to say he was fleeing prosecution.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

The warrant is from ohio we live in north carolina. the warrant was issued on nov 6th they picked him up on nov 8th or 9th i cant remember

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

He has a court appointed attorney that will not answer any questions i have she just brushes me off

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also wanted to know if theres someone i can contact because he is on many medications diabetic asthma COPD anxiety etc. hes also on a CPAP mashine at night. Since they moved him hes not had any medications or his machine. There are no beds available where they moved him to so he has had to sleep on the floor. who can i contact for them to do something about this?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, those times do not apply to a federal warrant. The times you are referring to are times when there is a state warrant and extradition is required, the marshals have a "reasonable time" to get him to the court where the warrant was issued. Since it is a federal warrant, your husband has to wait for the Marshals to have a transport going to OH for them to move him there OR you can get him an attorney now in OH to go to the US District Court where the warrant was issued and file a motion for bail.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer