Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I wanted to get information on how to appeal a parole

Customer Question
I wanted to get...

I wanted to get information on how to appeal a parole denial

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The information is not for me it's for my fiance I am trying to get as much information as possible for him so he could try to appeal the denial. He has been incarcerated for almost 3 years now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Hi, I'm a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'm reviewing your question and will reply in a moment.

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Unfortunately under Marlyand law, there is no appeal process for the denial of parole.

If parole is denied, that unfortunately means that your husband will have to serve the remainder of his sentence.

The good news is that he can however earn good behavior credits that will be deducted from his sentence and which can result in an early release from his prison term.

You can read more about parole request laws here:

http://www.governmentregistry.org/criminal_records/parole/state_parole/maryland_parole.html

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!