Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A friend was Skyping with a girl and they showed each other…

Customer Question
A friend was Skyping...

A friend was Skyping with a girl and they showed each other their private areas. She tricked him into believing she was an adult but then claimed she was 16. She’s threatening to blackmail him with video if he doesn’t pay up. What should he do?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
ANSWER: Oh gosh, this is the first time I'm seeing this version of this question. Today. Very literally, every day this question comes up. Why am I telling you this? Because it's a scam. Do not, do not do NOT pay this person. You will never, ever, ever get rid of them if you pay them even $1. That much I can promise you. They will never leave you alone. Tell them to take their threats and shove them. Also, tell them you'll file a police report for extortion and blackmail and harassment. The more they see that you believe you have nothing to lose if they act on their threats, the MORE likely they are to leave you alone. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer (particularly at night, when I may have already logged off); this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?