Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can a Ex Convict (20 years old crime) that was in trouble…

Customer Question
Can a Ex Convict...

Can a Ex Convict (20 years old crime) that was in trouble for non violent crimes, ever have the right to own a gun for protecting his/her home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I guess not

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. You say ex-convict. Okay, what has he been found guilty for? And, when? Please be specific. For example:

"Texas - 1998 - 2nd Degree Felony; Fraud."