Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am looking to get my felony expunged. It has been three…

Customer Question
I am looking to...

I am looking to get my felony expunged. It has been three years. I was reading through the instructions and it says to qualify I cannot have any other convictions in the last ten years, but before that I had a misdemeanor... can I still get my felony expunged?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Oregon My felony was three years ago today, it was for possession of heroin. That was in 2014. In 2009 I was charged with a misdemeanor, Theft III I believe. It was the lowest form of theft.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/27/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you had a previous conviction, under the Oregon law, you would not be eligible for a expungement on this felony conviction, even if the misdemeanor conviction was before the felony conviction. You can, however, file a petition for pardon with the state board of pardon and parole and ask for a pardon on the conviction from the governor.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.