Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How does it work do you have a inmate go on parole who’s in…

Customer Question
How does it work...

How does it work do you have a inmate go on parole who’s in Nevada and get him transferred to Saint Louis Missouri when you gets his parole?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not yet No not yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Is this person a FEDERAL prisoner? Or is he a prisoner of the STATE penal system? I am guessing FEDERAL, but I want to be sure.

State
He’s at the high desert correction personality in Nevada. Do for parole in September 2018. I’ve been mentoring him for four years but I love now in St. Louis he would want him to come there once he gets out. Just wondering how that works?

My apologies for the wait. He should get "credit" for whatever good time and activities he had in Nevada. Parole Eligibility Report is prepared and the prisoner will be scheduled for consideration by the Board. The Board considers many factors to determine whether parole should be granted. State law holds that "A prisoner shall not be given liberty on parole until the board has reasonable assurance, after consideration of all of the facts and circumstances, including the prisoner's mental and social attitude, that the prisoner will not become a menace to society or to the public safety." Sometime before his hearing, his file will be given to the parole board for consideration. At the hearing, they look at the prisoner's criminal, social and substance abuse history, previous adjustment on parole or probation, conduct in prison, programming, parole plans, and other factors. The prisoner may have a representative at the interview. The parole decision is made by majority vote. If granted a parole, the prisoner is allowed to return to the community under the supervision of a Parole Officer for a specified term. The release is conditioned upon the parolee's compliance with terms set by the Parole Board.

The parole board works much under the same principle in Missouri as it does in Nevada.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.