Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Had a dective come to my mothers house and say I'm being…

Customer Question
Hello. had a dective...

Hello. had a dective come to my mothers house and say I'm being accused of something. He said if I contact an attorney he'll stop trying to contact me

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No but I'm planning on doing that. I'd like to just speak too him because I know what I'm being accused of and I know I didn't do it but it's a person saying I did something so idk how to proceed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Three months ago they contacted a yoga place I was dropped off at looking for me and I called the guy and said ill come there right now to speak to him. He said he's only there till 5 so not too come.. He said he doesn't think its a big deal but needs too speak too me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/27/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

In situations where you are the suspect in a crime, you have to assume that law enforcement is NOT your friend.

Law enforcement is allowed to lie and manipulate you. They are permitted to trick you into saying things that are later used against you.

They ask the same questions in different ways waiting for you to use slightly different ways of saying something, then they accuse you of lying.

You are far better off letting your attorney talk to the detective for you. From an attorney's point of view nothing good comes from a client speaking to law enforcement without the attorney being there. Most people wind up getting themselves arrested because of what they say in explanation of the events being investigated.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer