Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Question of jurisdiction. Real property in one county. Rent…

Customer Question
Question of jurisdiction....

Question of jurisdiction. Real property in one county. Rent sent by tenants to office in another county where rents are deposited. Concerning theft, which county would have jurisdiction?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

LLC is county where real property exists

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/26/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. I am working on your reply now.

The county where the actual theft took place is the one that has jurisdiction over that crime, regardless of where the property is located.