Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How can you expunge a misdemeanor conviction in pennsylvania…

How can you expunge...

How can you expunge a misdemeanor conviction in pennsylvania for a minor domestiv violence incidnet where the father in law and boy friend came to grappling with each other no one was hurt. the old man is dying of liver cancer but he still stivks up for hisdaughter. boyfriend was denid a job. both were convicted and boyfriend now has a criminal record. expunge they are back together

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Port allegany,pennsylvania m isdemeanor

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Want to clear my grandson's record his father brought the police into it

11/25/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Under Pennsylvania law, the court has the power to expunge the misdemeanor conviction. Usually the court will do this if the defendant has completed probation and any other conditions related to the conviction.

My suggestion is that you contact the public defender in McKean County.

Here is the link for the public defender. They will not charge you for their services:

http://www.mckeancountypa.org/departments/public_defender/index.php

McKean County Courthouse
500 West Main St
Smethport, PA 16749

Philip Clabaugh,
Chief Public Defender

Phone -(###) ###-####br />Fax -(###) ###-####/p>

Please rate 4 or 5 stars by clicking on stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor