Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What states don't extradite for felony dwi,no wreck no one…

Customer Question
What states don't extradite...

What states don't extradite for felony dwi,no wreck no one hurt

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Texas, several dwis in the past. now they want to use everything and give me a lot of time

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes cant help he says because of history dwi, over 15 years ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Are you wondering whether there are any states that won't detain you if the outstanding warrants show up during a traffic stop or other instance with officers?

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

To clarify, the state that would be doing the extradition would be Texas, the state that holds the outstanding warrants.

As far as whether you would be held in custody and detained for Texas to pick you up, almost all 50 states would hold you for extradition.

The only two states that have not adopted the UCEA (Uniform Criminal Extradition Act), are Missouri and South Carolina.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!