Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am falsely arrested on November 16, 2015, the deputy who…

I am falsely arrested on...
I am falsely arrested on November 16, 2015, the deputy who get reprimanded letter for discrimination and adversely involve my arrest lied on her interview under the oath. She is a wife of a deputy who works for my husband. After investigation I received a dvd has her interview questions and answer. She lies and slanders me during interview but I have prove to show she is lying. She get away with only reprimand letter, she work for public and she is a prejudice. I do not want her to hold job anymore because what she have done to me because what she done to my kids for her own gain because of her husband will get benefit from my husband. Divorce case is still going on and my kids and I are still effected by the arrest because it is making getting divorce harder on me and hard my visitation time with kids. What do I need to do to sue her, or what can I do to make her loose her job because she is dangers to family, she is not fair and even though she get caught, she lies public to clear herself under the oath. What are my options to sue her, or what other procedure I can fallow?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What happened with the case for which you were arrested? Was it dismissed? Is it still an open case that you are fighting? In what sort of interview procedure did the deputy lie?

Case is dismissed, I filed complaint with internal affairs, then internal affairs forward to her supervisor, she got reprimanded letter for discrimination and adversely involving in my arrest. During her supervisor investigation she got questioned and its recorded. When investigation is done I received file about investigation, with that file there was a dvd about questions and answers. Under the oath she was lying and slandering about my actions which I have proof she is lying again under the oath.

Thanks for the reply. It is very difficult to mount a successful suit against the police because, like all government employees, police have immunity from suit or prosecution when acting during the course of their employment. An exception would be if there is a statute that says you can sue them, such as the civil rights statute. Police can be sued for harassment or for discrimination or for a false arrest. If you want to look into that, you’d need to find a civil rights lawyer, someone experienced in suing the government and not intimidated by the prospect of going after an officer.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD