Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have an expungement from 1988. New employer is doing a…

Customer Question
I have an expungement...

I have an expungement from 1988. New employer is doing a finger print background check..will it show up even with an expungement

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No..I live in Minnesota last 35 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wondering. The background check came back clean but the finger print has not.just wondering

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/23/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
The print search should not pull up the expunged conviction or arrest. The fingerprints remain in the database, but the record of the arrest or conviction will be removed if the state properly reports the expungement to the FBI. If a certified or authenticated copy of a court ordered expungement is submitted to the FBI along with a Final Disposition Report, the FBI will remove the record of the criminal arrest but not the record of the fingerprints themselves. An expungement is a deletion of a single arrest or an entire arrest record.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Did you have further questions. Have I answered your question.