Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a disturbing the peace conviction in CA about 2.5…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a disturbing the peace conviction in CA about 2.5 years ago and i'm about to take the fingerprint for renewing my greencard. Should I be concerned?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/23/2017
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you.

The answer is No, you do have to disclose the conviction when you apply to renew your green card, but a misdemeanor conviction for disturbing the peace does not make you excludable or deportable.

You can get a free consultation from some of the California immigration attorneys listed by location here.

It cannot hurt to have an attorney go over the application before you file it.

I hope this information is helpful.