Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a 2004(occurred 7/2004, convicted 11/2004 and a

Customer Question
2012(occurred 8/2011, convicted 6/2012) dui...
I have a 2004(occurred 7/2004, convicted 11/2004 and a 2012(occurred 8/2011, convicted 6/2012) dui conviction in the state of California. I am a nationally and Ca state licensed medical professional. I was forgiven, upon a letter of explanation and declaration of my intent and need to provide for my children by way of education in a professional career for my 1st offence by the National licensing board that governs my field. I DID NOT report my 2nd offence to said licensing board. I have satisfied all requirements laid forth by the courts in BOTH convictions. I am in the process of filing a request for dismissal AND expungement in both cases. My ? is this.. will an expungement clear my background check to prospective NEW employers in the same field, and allow me to answer "no" to application questions specifying "any misdemeanor convictions"?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

An expungement if granted does not remove the conviction, but it means that the conviction information will not be released to the general public. However, conviction information on expunged cases is still available to state and other government entities doing background checks.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.