Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I had an argument with my husband, then he left and i calmes…

Customer Question
I had an argument...

I had an argument with my husband , then he left and i calmes police and made a report against him

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

But that sagement was false

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not yet... i want to know , do i have do go precnt and tell police officer that i wanna drop the charge against him

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

Filing a false police report is a criminal offense in and of itself according to NY penal code 240.50;

please see here

It is typically charges as a misdemeanor as opposed to a felony, and that carries up to a $1,000 fine and/or up to 1 year in jail (those are maximum).

Generally police will not drop a domestic charge, but will investigate to see if there is sufficent evidence to prosecute. That is discussed in detail here:

http://www.opdv.ny.gov/help/fss/policecourts.html

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer