Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have been scammed by a man who has scammed many others…

Customer Question
I have been scammed...

I have been scammed by a man who has scammed many others from craigslist. He gets people to give him money as a holding deposit for an apartment. He has been doing this for over a year minimum and using the same number. Several people have posted info on him. Also he has an out of state warrant. He is living in Sacramento Ca and is a registered sex offender who is in violation for not registering his address. It appears he is a fugitive however i do not know ho to get the police to arrest him

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

I cant find out where to search when it was issued. Currently he is in sacramento, ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I contacted crime stoppers to dispatch the police. I knew his location and also informed them he may be armed since he sends pics to people threatening them with his gun. they said it was not expeditable since its an out of state warrant, however meganslaw shows he is in violation.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did you file a report and complaint with the police?