Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Are apartment associates required to inform interested

applicants the crime activity in...
are apartment associates required to inform interested applicants the crime activity in the complex if they ask?
11/21/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Under Virginia law, they are not required to report anything, and frankly, they may not have that information and it may not be accurate.

You would be better served to speak with the local police if you are thinking of moving to that area, to get a sense from the police what goes on. You could stop by the station, or better, if you see a patrol car in the area, stop and ask the patrol car because they are the ones who know on a day to day basis what is really going on in the neighborhood and how safe or unsafe it really is.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Thank you!