Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My ex boyfriend burned my birth certificate, photos, tax…

Customer Question
My ex boyfriend burned...

My ex boyfriend burned my birth certificate, photos, tax papers and more and posted a picture of him doing so. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Maine

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No it happened a day or so ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this moment. I’m just not sure what to do.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/20/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I would contact the police and file a report. He should face criminal charges.

You could also file a civil suit against him, but that would be costly and you probably wouldn't be awarded much in the way of damages.

Ely, Counselor at Law